The Florida Democratic Party is having a DAY OF ACTION on Saturday, March 10.
The purpose of this event is to make a visible and widespread show of support, as Florida Democrats, that the Republicans have not created the real reforms we need for gun safety. Our goal is to educate likely voters on how Governor Rick Scott and Florida Republicans once again sold out Florida families in order to appease the gun lobby and their donors. We want to encourage voters to VOTE through the #VoteThemOut program.
We want to make a unified show of support that we reject this Republican failure.
There will be a Virtual Phone Bank (VPB) to use on your computer or IPad. You can make calls using the Virtual Phone Bank at Democratic Headquarters, 600 Goodlette Frank Road next to Bambusa Restaurant. Or you can even use it at home on your computer or IPad. The VPB time is Saturday from 12:00-4:00 pm. There will be a script on the call list.
The link to the FDP Phone bank is: https://www.openvpb.com/vpb_bycode/593052C-173173
We are asking you to make at least 10 calls on Saturday. If you are not able to make calls, please sign the pledge to show your support for better and more sensible gun control laws. The pledge is here.
You can also join us for our statewide #VoteThemOut Day of Action this Saturday after lawmakers in Tallahassee failed us again.
#NeverAgain sign up here.
Help us register voters, make phone calls this Saturday for our #VoteThemOut Day of Action #NeverAgain.
Sign up here.
Help us #VoteThemOut on Saturday by attending events, registering voters, making calls for our statewide Day of Action. Let them know we’re serious. With our virtual phone bank, you can help us phone bank from anywhere on our statewide #VoteThemOut Day of Action. Sign up to phone bank or register voters here,
Vote Them Out Day of Action Talking Points
● Republican lawmakers in Tallahassee need to go
● For too long Gov Scott and Republicans have put their own special interests above their obligations to the citizens of Florida and have not listened to the majority of Floridians – this gun legislation is a sham, it doesn’t ban assault rifles or pass universal background checks and actually puts MORE guns in schools. the latest example
● This Legislation will not protect our communities from gun violence
● We need common sense gun reform – that includes universal background checks, closing the gun show loophole, and banning assault rifles
● We know the GOP will not take these steps for common sense gun legislation because they are owned by the NRA and too worried about the
their next election
● They should worry about their next election because their constituents are watching them now more than ever
● Lawmakers who do not support basic common sense reforms like background checks and an assault rifle ban need to go – and we will VOTE
● For too long Rick Scott, Richard Corcoran and Republican lawmakers have held Floridians hostage on gun reform – and this legislation is no different – it will not keep us safe from gun violence
● The Vote Them Out Day of Action is to show these lawmakers that No GOP seat is safe
● We have hundreds of people volunteering today throughout the state – making phone calls – registering voters – and ensuring that our voters are committed to making real change this November
● The Parkland students fought to see that a gunman with an assault rifle would not make it into their school again
● But this legislation doesn’t do that – and it doesn’t take the steps to prevent another tragedy like we saw at pulse or Parkland