OUR ECONOMY AND INFLATION IS GLOBAL
Working families are the backbone of the American economy and inflation is robbing our ability to support ourselves and our families. The Covid-19 pandemic proved that hard-working Americans are the real heroic patriots and are some of the hardest hit by inflation.
Biden is doing what he can by working with OPEC to lower gas prices, and the Federal Reserve is increasing interest rates to slow inflation.
Democrats Congress are doing what they can but Republicans have obstructed Democratic bills to:
- help lower gas prices
- reduce prescription drug prices
- provide child care subsidies
- extend health insurance subsidies
To bypass Republican obstruction and address inflation, we need to be able to control the agenda in Congress.
Democrats have a slight majority in Congress, but not a controlling majority
We need more Democratic representatives in Washington who will work on our behalf.
Republican obstructionism has a theme: labeling any Democratic measure that will lower prices as “Socialism,” while failing to offer their own solutions to help family budgets.
A democratic government can and should regulate prices so that fuel, food, and health care are affordable for all Americans.
Fairly regulating our capitalist economy is not socialism; it is democracy at work.
Republicans blame democrats for inflation, but inflation is global
The economy and our supply chain are global and affected by many factors outside of U.S. control.
GLOBAL FACTORS AFFECTING INFLATION:
- Covid-19 Pandemic workforce and production disruptions.
- Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) slowing production and ranking in profits.
- Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and resulting sanctions reducing oil and gas supply to Europe.
- Businesses are paying higher gas prices to ship and receive products that they pass along to you and me.
Consumer prices are influenced by
SUPPLY & DEMAND:
plenty of product = lower prices
less product available = prices rise