Please join us in helping the wonderful kids in Immokalee have a “Holly Jolly Christmas!”
Come celebrate the holidays with the Collier County Democratic Club at our annual holiday/toy drive potluck party on Dec. 10 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.,
Between now and December 10, buy a new toy or gift card, then drop it off (unwrapped) at Democratic headquarters or the Collier County Education Association office (see below).
Then on Dec. 10, help us celebrate. Please bring a dish to pass for our pot luck dinner. Non-alcoholic beverages and main entrees will be provided.
The annual party on Dec. 10, from 6 p.m. -8 p.m. will be held at the offices of the Collier County Education Association (CCEA), 6710 Lone Oak Blvd, Naples, FL, between Pine Ridge & Orange Blossom roads.
Toys may be brought to the party or dropped off at Democratic Party Headquarters, 600 Goodlette-Frank Road, Naples, FL. The party headquarters will be open to receive donations on Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday from 1 p.m .to 4 p.m. OR from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. next Monday-Friday at the CCEA Offices. Check out the CollierDems.org website for updates to see if more drop off times are available.
This annual toy drive, sponsored by the Collier County Democratic Club, is held in conjunction with Immokalee Housing and Family Services. They have a list of children living in three apartment communities there:
0 – 3 Years Boys: 16 Girls: 15
4 – 6 Years Boys: 11 Girls: 13
7 – 9 Years Boys: 24 Girls: 17
10-12 Years Boys: 31 Girls: 20
13-15 Years. Boys: 15 Girls: 15
Some suggestions follow:
- For the 13 – 15 girls and boys: Gift cards up to $25 for individual stores (clothing, Itunes, or Visa cards for anyplace). Basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, ear buds, art supplies,
- For 10 – 12 boys: any of the above, Lego sets, puzzles, Florida sport team accessories (hats,
t-shirts, socks, headbands, etc.)
- For 10 – 12 girls: Gift cards, art supplies or projects, Florida sport team accessories (headbands, bracelets, socks, flip flops, etc.), puzzles, anything sparkly, bling, etc.
- For 7-9 boys: Lego or building sets, balls, dodge balls, sports apparel, logoed school supplies, catching gloves for football, games,
- For 7-9 girls: Jewelry kits, craft projects, tea sets, balls, coloring sets, jump ropes, games,
- For 4-6 boys: trucks, car mats, cars, games, nerf balls, sports t-shirts, anything about dinosaurs,
- For 4-6 girls: younger craft items, Play Dough, beading projects, games, puzzles, dolls and/or accessories, age appropriate games
- For 1-3 boys: age appropriate toys (trucks, cars, Fisher –Price type sets), push toys, stuffed animals, soft balls, matching games, wooden puzzles,
- For -3 girls: Dolls, stuffed animals, Fisher-Price type sets, push toys, matching games, wooden puzzles,
- Infants: Bibs, blankets, onesies, diapers, mobiles for the cribs, gift certificates to Publix for baby food, formula, etc., rattles, teething rings,
You can also donate money for wrapping paper, ribbon, bows and tags. We will ask if any of the babies or toddlers would need swings, jumper seats, strollers, and larger items that several checks together could buy. Checks should be made out to “Rural Neighborhoods”.
We hope you can join us on Dec. 10th at the CCEA offices from 6 p.m. – 8 pm! Happy Holidays!
Please call the Dem HQ 239-434-7754 and leave a message if you will be attending.